Monday, November 16, 2009

Viva La Wikipedia!

Viva La? Where are we, not America? Sorry, my keyboard was hijacked. I'll Never Forget this blog.

Wikipedia can be ridiculously useful. It's easy to understand, and it's pretty awesome. But, of course there are all those jerks saying it isn't 100% credible. So? Nothing really is. Most types of stuff go off hear-say of someone they think is important. Maybe they're liars, ever thought of that? I get a point for that one. Boo yah.

Why do teachers dislike it? I guess I just said it. How about this: businesses or groups using wiki. Excellent idea! Keep the wiki "In the Family." Know what I mean? It works out great if you don't have jerks (jerk is the word of the day) trying to do the whole "lets mess these people up" thing. But, check this out, for people to use it as an information source for a group or whatever they want.. it's genius. I've been parts of games, teams and whatever that put their information up on a private Wiki (which you can easily register for yourself) and it works very well, because you know everyone who has access to it and who uses it. Small communities... making the world better.

No comments:

Post a Comment